Post 10: English Language Challenges

Well, I think that this subject, English, it's very important for any student of any career at anywhere in the world, because, as we all know, it´s the most popular language, and is essential to know, at least, the basic handling. This knowledge can be very useful when us, like recent graduates, are looking for a job. Also, during the university, a lot of papers, and a lot of information is written in English, so is very important take this subject seriously. Particularly, this subject in the Social Sciences Department of Universidad de Chile, is very well thought, because it brings to the students useful and necessary concepts for the development of activities related to the social sciences. I liked this subject because it develops in a very relaxed environment, which make easier the learning and doesn´t stress the students so much. This helps students to have a good academic performance, considering the high academic demand of this university.
Otherwise, this way of learn English it has really been a novelty. I had never done a blog before, maybe because I wouldn´t know what to write, but it's become interesting to learn English writing about certain topics, developing a personal blog. Also, it's enjoyable to see what my classmates write on their blogs.
About my English, I think that I need to improve a lot of things. I really hate talking in other languages because I think that my oral expression is shameful. But not only in English; I have family in Brazil, so I speak a little of Portuguese, but when someone asks me to speak in Portuguese I really can´t, unless I'm in Brazil. The same thing with English, but I need to improve in that area. However, I think that I've improved a lot in my reading comprehension and in my writing, but I have a lot of confusion about the verbs conjugations, so my writing is still deficient.
Today, outside the English class, I've put my English in practice watching TV series in English and also reading some university texts in English. I feel that I can only get better in this.

Resultado de imagen para english

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My best friend

A Photograph (its story)